Thursday, January 22, 2009

Snapshot: Dylan Hollingsworth


Some things are easy to write about and some things aren't....such as beautiful photographs that already speak so many words that your own language fails you. I first encountered local photographer Dylan Hollingsworth at one of my own parties. He was shooting all the guests and at the time I had no idea what the pictures were going to look like but the cat had style and a certain way about him. I think it was the way he flamenco danced while shooting, leaping up and clicking his heels and darting around while the subjects eyes lit up with glee. That is when I knew I had better see how his photos came out. I was amazed at the angles, the colors, the imagination and most of all the very personal way his photos spoke to me. Like I said, some things just can't be given justice through the art of words. Some things just must be taken in with the eyes and the viewers own thoughts. And so I leave you with some select photos I love, so super real as to be unreal and so full of life you're bound to be sucked into this wonderful artists vivid world....


a portrait of the artist Dylan Hollingsworth






for more captivating photos please visit Dylan Hollingsworth's website

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Dylan and his work! He assisted on my Sky Girl photo shoot over the weekend, such a pumpkin he is!

fuzzbuzz said...

He is a pumpkin! ;-) So easy and fun to work with!

ella said...

omg the frog-picture!!!!<3<3<<3<3<3<3