Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Fatter Platter




The words "my plate is full" is an understatement. This is a dang PLATTER not a plate and it applies to every aspect of my life right now. My jobs been way demanding on my body and every week theres some new little part that hurts, is sore or makes me think I lost a cog somewhere. Personally my financial life is in shambles. The phrase "living from paycheck to paycheck" should be emblazoned on my forehead and I'm beginning to wonder if my shovel is big enough to dig me out. As if those boulders weren't enough to push I frivolously take on organizing a huge party, nix that..PROM while I'm still in the middle of recording an album. Either I'm crazy or I can't find the OFF button but either way I'm not complaining. In fact I'm feeling at my peak in the power department. I feel empowered. I feel like I'm starting to see my daydreams come to life. This is a truly great feeling...seeing your hard work pay off and it's not monetary (though wouldn't that be nice!) it's spiritual payoff. It's the feeling you get when you finish a painting you love or write a song that means something to you. I'm not exactly sure how I got on this mountain but the top looks closer and closer every day.

No comments: