Thursday, May 10, 2007

Super Summer


When I think of summer being just around the corner it takes me back to those fitful last days of school. You were chomping at the bit for freedom, sunshine, riding your bike endlessly and nowhere....and you ended up playing Super Mario all day every day in the sweet confines of your dark airconditioned living room instead. Time is wasted on youth.
I'm making a quiet and personal goal to make my summer NOT suck no matter what. Even though it looks like theres not enough money on the radar for a vacation I'm going to soak up the little pleasures and drink from lifes cup where I can. I'm going to plan things to do, even day trips to strange places can be a bit of an escape. I will not have a super mario summer, though those were fun while they lasted.
One of the things on my radar is more hiking, I had such a blast at Cedar Hill State Park. And to coincide with me working out and losing some extra baggage I'm going to scout out a lovely pool somewhere....weekend beach getaway if fortune smiles on me. I'm crossing my fingers but ruling nothing out. It's also a priority of mine to get some paintings done before this summer melts away. I'm already daydreaming and can't wait to see what the next few months will bring.

2 comments:

Billy K said...

My quick read with faulty eyes thought you said, "drink from life's foam cup." That's a good lyric fragment.

Funnily enough, I've been trying to gear up for a "positive attitude" toward summer as well - noticing things I enjoy, like evening storms and....I'm sure I'll think of more.

I think the difference is we actually got a real SPRING this year. When summer doesn't start in March I'm not quite so bitter about it.

Come here, summer. I welcome you this year!

fuzzbuzz said...

Yes, Im so used to going straight from "winter" to Hellfire Summer that it's taken me by suprise this year!