Monday, May 21, 2007

Green Thing


My sister is involved with this project called the Green Thing and on her site is the description that reads "The Green Thing is a collaborative project which incorporates many forms such as blogs, photography, video, art, collage, mail art and tags

To participate, post a green thing online with the tag "greenthing". You can also join the Green Thing Group Tag your photo "greenthing"

30 "greenthings" were mailed out to people who documented their greenthing and passed it on to someone else. We are using the "greenthing" tags to track them online and see where they are."

On my last visit to SF my sis was hard at work with the Green Thing and showed me some cool videos made by people all over the globe with their green thing. The idea is to do something creative with your green thing, post it for everyone else to see and send the green thing on so someone else can utilize it for the power of creativity. From what I can gather it's also cool to find your own green things and do something with them and post for the group. Pretty cool and taps into a creative group consciousness. I joined the group but have yet to post my green thing, since the art I'm working on deals with Nature I thought this would be a fun project to try to get my creative juices flowing. Here are all the links you need to find out more:
greenthing
greenthing group
There are also some cool videos posted at the first link so you can see how green thing is used in film media. Go Green!

1 comment:

René said...

buzz buzz!