Thursday, September 25, 2008

Productivity



For awhile now I've been putting off working on my newest painting. I kept telling myself I was just too tired after a grueling day of work to paint. Then a gallery contacted me wanting to see my stuff and I felt the pressure to finish this thing and quick! Most of my paintings are on view at various places right now so building up my portfolio of works is very important. I had to switch gears. I wasn't too tired to work. I was too lazy. So I traded in one hour each evening- tv time for painting. Now my painting is almost done. Although I'm not in quite the rush to finish it. Paintings can't be zipped out. At least not my paintings. You have to put your very best into each painting and grow with it so the next one will be better and so on and so forth. But it is very important not to defeat yourself and waste your time telling yourself that you CAN'T do something because you don't have time. The one person you should always make time for is YOU.

No comments: