Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dec 12th- REST!


Yesterdays Handcrafted Holiday Sale went wonderfully! I arrived to find that one of the boxes (my special Jaguar box with mosaic tiles) had already been reserved as a wedding present! How special! Met so many wonderful vendors with beautiful stuff to sell and the people who came in to buy were all in wonderful moods, sipping wine and nibbling Christmas cookies (the frosted cookies were like little cupcakes, I had to remind myself of Pilates and not go for seconds) and BUYING! It was great to see people walk out with little bags of this and that. I had a few painted records, record mirrors and boxes sell and the Christmas cards were a big hit. I did well!
So glad that small businesses and artists and artisans can still do a little business in this economy right now. I had so much fun, it was nice to get out and be social. I took some photos of everyones shop (some are a little blurry, I apologize) and bought some tiny affordable gifts as well. Here are some photos from the handcrafted Holiday show at TEATRO DALLAS.

Sara Cardona who coordinated the event was selling some wonderful original paintings by Bangladesh artist Ali Akbar for $15 (framed!)


total cute explosion at this very kid friendly booth!



Such beautiful jewelry in amazing color pairings, I loved the garnet and wine colors best:


Jim from Mimi's Bees treated everyone who passed by to a little spa for your hands with some amazing exfoliating scrub...needless to say EVERYONE was walking out with little tubs of that stuff. Amazing!



loved the Latin theme at this table, lots of stuff for little bebe's and cool stuff for adults too:



really loved the little "Pio Pio Pio" bebito shirt




My booth neighbor was Maria Teresa Pedroche and she made the most wonderful little milagro soaps, there were blessing hands, corazons, ojos (eyes) and all kinds of designs, some had shells and flowers pressed into them and irridescent food paint made them shimmer! Did I mention they smelled wonderful?



It was a great day full of busy-ness and business. Today I put my gridwall back up, put everything back into place in my studio and after getting my own Christmas cards ready to be mailed I'll be taking a break from the studio to REST and do real life stuff. It's been a busy and eventful week- this little bee needs a day to rest!

No comments: