Saturday, December 04, 2010

The Week That Was


That was quite a week! Started it off with Cyber Monday and ended it on a high note with my interview with Oak Cliff People! A wonderful week that left me feeling thankful and noticed. The interview went great and I was thrilled to get to talk about my inspirations for working. The article should be out on Dec. 10th just in time for...
Handmade Holiday Sale on Dec 11th!
Here's the lowdown:
"Have a GREEN holiday without being in the RED!"

Join us for a holiday pop-up sale
Saturday December 11 from 12-5 p.m.
Support and sustain local, professional artists and craftspeople offering affordable unique gifts for those you love. Wine, and light bites.

Teatro Dallas
1331 Record Crossing Road
Dallas, TX

I'm going to be working hard all week to stock up for the sale so I hope some of my friends come out to pick out handmade gifts from either myself or some of the other wonderful artists and artisans on hand.
Usually when I do these physical sales I deactivate everything in my Etsy shop for the day so if theres something you have had your eye on you should GRAB it while you can!
I would also like to make my own wreath this week so look forward to a little DIY tutorial on that. My friends Kevin and Lydia got some free Fir boughs from Home Depot and brought it to me for just that reason. I had been talking about sneaking all over the neighborhood snipping little pieces here and there and they have saved me from a life of crime!
yesterday I made a rustic folky looking sign out of one of the wooden drawer pieces my Mom gave me. i decided my studio needed more MOTIVATION and my Dads words are always driving me. "Enjoy The Life- Disfruta La Vida" I'm thinking to play around with this imagery more, little jaguar with his thorny rose offering. Take time to smell the roses, the roses come with thorns...such is life.
Saturdays usually find me in the studio and today is no exception, lots of new boxes to replenish (no tea boxes in the shop! for shame!) and some new records would be nice. I'm hoping when the article comes out I will look like a fully stocked art shop again. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments: